Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome Austin James!!



November 9th was the big day. Went to Labor and Delivery at 5 pm because I thought my fluid was leaking and I had been having extra pressure all day. From 5-9 pm they ran tests at the lab to be sure (had to do it twice). Daddy and Madison went and had dinner and a bath at 6pm. We had decided to take Madison to Laura's house just in case and if this was a false alarm it would be a good trial run for everyone. I didn't get the results back from the lab til 9pm, that's when they started the IV and penicillin. I was only 3cm then. From 11-12:30 alot happened. Dr Larsen came in and felt that there was some membranes kind of blocking the "water" from braking so he popped that and I got started on some potocin to induce labor. At 11:30 my water broke (weird feeling, I didn't know it was coming like with Madison) and right after, I should say during it all I got my epidural. Very painful like I remember. At midnight I was 6 cm dilated and by 2 am I was complete and ready to have the baby. I had no idea I had gone that fast! At 2:25 am Austin James arrived after only 2 1/2 pushes!! I think with Madison I did 2 or 3 SETS of pushing. He weighed 6lbs 6oz and was 19 inches long. They gave him right to me (after being in the lights and getting weighed) and had me start nursing. It was weird like it was all a dream. I was in a daze so to speak and couldn't really get connected with all that was happening. With Madison they took her and bathed her and I didn't see her until after a few hours when I was able to get some food and relax. I think it took til about 7am to finally get to look and him and realize that he was my son. A very weird feeling for it to take awhile. All is good now. We are home and settled. Got to come home last night. It was a rough night. He just wanted to be held close and suck. Didn't want to the Bink and swaddling wasn't enough so I didn't get alot of sleep :) More pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet!!!! Can't wait to hold him. How is Madison doing? Remember to rest when he rest!!

Kathryn Grider said...

We are anxious to meet Austin! We are coming over...Next weekend...Nov 21st. SEE YOU SOON....don't over do it...it will be easy to do now that you are home.

Kathryn Grider said...

Ready or NOT here we come! I can't WAIT to see our new grandson and play with Madison! OH and to see you and Garrett too! Hope you are feeling good. Love Ya!