Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sick Kiddos :(

A friend down the street informed my neighbor and I that her child was sick with a fever. Since our four children were all playing together this weekend we were keeping a close eye on them. She took her child in and was told it was strep. So my neighbor and I made appointments for our kids. I took my two in and got them swabbed for strep. The doctor looked in Austin's mouth and said, "Oh no, that's not strep, that's Hand and Foot and Mouth Disease." WHAT!?!? She looked in Madison's mouth and wasn't too sure about hers, but did a second swab on both of them since the first came back negative for strep. We won't know for sure til Thursday but we are just treating the fever and pain with Ibuprofen, there is not much else we can do since its a virus. The fevers have been mild I think, but the pain for them is the worse. Their throats hurt so bad they can barley drink or eat, and the pain or the run off from Madison's throat makes her throw up, which I can only image is painful!!  So we are looking at a week of this mess....maybe more, maybe less. I talked to my cousin whose baby had it last year and she said that with Austin already having the sores then he's already on day 3 of it. We are hoping and praying for a mild case, and that I can keep them hydrated. Please keep us all in your prayers....its gonna be a long week :) 

No comments: