Saturday, October 1, 2011

Well That Was Fast!!

I just can't believe its October!! September flew by. Madison has been doing really great in school. No problems at all. I went in last week as the room mom and really enjoyed helping the teacher and working with the kids. I got to see how sweet Madison is at school and that her ears actually do work LOL!! Got me thinking that I may want to do something with teaching in the future.
Austin has been, well, a two year old!! Pushing his boundaries and learning what he can and cannot do. He is very different than Madison was, and its hard, so hard to figure out what works for each kid. Man parenting is rough :) He does have his very sweet moments though and is really a cute little boy!! We enjoy our afternoons together, just the two of us. Usually running errands or hanging out at the house.
My dad came up and took the kids fishing. It was really fun. The kids actually caught some little fishes and my dad and Garrett caught some catfish and white bass, which made for a really yummy dinner!! I do have pictures and will post soon!
I had to make and emergency trip to Elko last week to see my Grandma. She was in the hospital and they thought she wasn't going to make it, but she pulled through and is in the Bounce Back program up at the manor. Garrett did an amazing job with the kids while I was gone. He was able to do Madison's hair and even made the kids great dinners with fruits and veggies!! He's awesome and I'm glad to have him standing right beside me everyday! :)
Soccer is almost done and Madison is very excited about that. Its not as much fun as she thought it was going to be!! But she's sticking with it and scored her first goal at practice!!
We are getting ready to go hunting next week. We are excited and can't wait to go get us an Elk!! Garrett wants to take the kids on his evening hunts, which will be interesting, but he wants to get the kids used to it so they can go when they are older.
Other than that we are just hanging out. Doing the day to day things. Watch out for pictures!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm glad your grandma is doing better! Good to hear all about what you are up to. Can't wait for pictures :)